West Bengal Police Recruitment 2018 for Constable
West Bengal Police has released notification for the recruitment of 5702 Constable. But Female applicants are not eligible to fill the application for the post of Constable. All Other relevant details of West Bengal Police Recruitment 2018 like Age Limit, Educational Qualification, Selection Process, Application Fee and How to Apply are given below…
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2018 Details
- Start Date to apply online: 1st Apr 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Application: 30th Apr 2018 (5 P.M.)
- Last Date for Submission of Application (off-line): 02.05.2018 (5 PM)
Total No. of Posts:-
|Sl.No.||Category (Sub-category)||No. of vacancies|
|5.||Scheduled Caste (E.C.)||583|
|6.||Scheduled Caste (Ex-servicemen)||139|
|8.||Scheduled Tribe (E.C.)||175|
- The Aspirants must have passed Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or equivalent.
- The Aspirants must be able to speak, read and write in the Bengali language.
- Min Age: 18 years
- Maximum Age: 27 years
Upper age limit relaxation:
- Scheduled Castes (SC) & Scheduled Tribes (ST): 05 (Five) years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 03 (Three) years
NOTE:- Crucial date for determining the age limit will be 1st January 2018.
- Of-line Preliminary Written Examination (Qualifying in Nature)
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT) (Qualifying in Nature)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) (Qualifying in Nature)
- Final Written Examination
1. Preliminary Written Test (Marks – 200):
|Subjects||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||General Awareness and General Knowledge||50||50||1 hour|
|2.||Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard)||30||30|
- The question paper will be set in 2 languages (Bengali & Nepali).
- The marks obtained by an applicant in the preliminary written exam will not be considered for preparing final merit list.
Note:- There will be Negative marking ¼th for each wrong answer.
2. Physical Measurement Test (PMT):
|Sl.No.||Category||Height(Barefoot)(in cm.)||Weight(in kg.)||Chest(in cm)|
|1.||Candidates of all categories (except Gorkhas, Garhwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes)||167||57||78 cms. (without expansion) 83 cms. (with expansion – 5 cms.)|
|2.||Gorkhas, Garhwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes||160||53||76 cms. (without expansion) 81 cms. (with expansion – 5 cms.)|
NOTE: Physical Measurement Test is qualifying in nature.
3. Physical Efficiency Tests:
- PET consists of 1600 (Sixteen hundred) meters run within 6 minutes and 30 seconds.
- PET is qualifying in nature.
4. Final Combined Competitive Examination:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||General Awareness and General Knowledge||25||25||1 Hour|
|3.||Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard)||20||20|
|4.||Reasoning and Logical Analysis||15||15|
- Note: Questions will be set in two languages (Bengali & Nepali) except questions on English language.
- Note:- There will be Negative marking ¼th for each wrong answer.
Note:- For more details please go through the West Bengal Police Recruitment 2018 official notification.
|Sl.No||Category||Application Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1.||All categories except Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (of West Bengal only)||Rs. 150||Rs. 20||Rs. 170|
|2.||Scheduled Caste(West Bengal only)||Nill||Rs. 20||Rs. 20|
|3.||Scheduled Tribe(West Bengal only)||Nill||Rs. 20||Rs. 20|
Notification / Advertising:-
- To download Notification of West Bengal Police Recruitment 2018– CLICK HERE.
Daily Vocabulary. Follow us
For Government Jobs Updates Please Follow Us.
For Daily, Current Affairs CLICK HERE.