Dear Readers of Daily Vocabulary Update
As we know that all competitive exams whether it is Banking or SSC or any other exam, are lined up in upcoming months and vocabulary plays a crucial role to score minimum 4-5 marks within few seconds if you are going to learn Vocabulary on the very daily basis it will going to help you to get that marks easily in your pocket. So here Daily Vocabulary update provides you with some words on daily basis to help you to attain your goal.
Thought of the day: Start Where You Are. Use What You Have. Do What You Can.
Daily Vocabulary Update-
- SYNONYMS: purloin, thieve, take, take for oneself, help oneself to, loot, pilfer, abscond with, run off with, appropriate, abstract, carry off, shoplifting.
- Example: I thought he was about to glom my wallet.
2. Commensurate(Adj)- Corresponding in size or degree; in proportion.
- SYNONYMS: equivalent, equal, corresponding, correspondent, comparable, proportionate, proportional, appropriate to, in keeping with, in line with, consistent with, corresponding to, in accordance with, according to, relative to, in proportion with, proportionate to.
- Example: Salary will be commensurate with age and experience.
3. Impoverished(Adj)- (of a person or area) made poor or Deprived of strength or vitality.
- Example: Impoverished villages.
4. Intuitive(Adj)– Using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive.
- SYNONYMS: instinctive, intuitional, instinctual
- Example: His intuitive understanding of the readers’ real needs.
5. Lucid(Adj)- Expressed clearly; easy to understand.
- SYNONYMS: intelligible, comprehensible, understandable, cogent, coherent, communicative, articulate, eloquent.
- Example: Write in a clear and lucid style.
6. Valedictory(Adj)- Serving as a farewell.
- SYNONYMS: farewell, goodbye, leaving, parting, departing, going away, last, final.
- Example: I also pay tribute to some of those who have given valedictory speeches here in the last few days.
7. Ubiquitous(Adj)- Present, appearing, or found everywhere.
- SYNONYMS: omnipresent, ever-present, present everywhere, everywhere, all-over, all over the place, pervasive, all-pervasive, universal, worldwide, global.
- Example: His ubiquitous influence was felt by all the family.
8. Quintessential(Adj)- Representing the most perfect or typical example of a quality or class.
- SYNONYMS: typical, prototypical, stereotypical, archetypal, classic, model, essential, standard, stock, representative, true to type, conventional
- Example: He was the quintessential tough guy—strong, silent, and self-contained.
9. Omnipresent(Adj)- Widely or constantly encountered; widespread.
- SYNONYMS: present everywhere, ubiquitous, general, universal, worldwide, global, all-pervasive, all-present, infinite, boundless
- Example: He meant, I imagined, that they were sacrilegious infidels.
10. Emaciated (Adj)- Abnormally thin or weak, especially because of illness or a lack of food.
- SYNONYMS: thin, skeletal, bony, wasted, thin as a rake
- Example: she was so emaciated she could hardly stand.
For Government Jobs Updates Please Follow Us.
For Daily, Current Affairs CLICK HERE.