Dear Readers of Daily Vocabulary Update
As we know that all competitive exams whether it is Banking or SSC or any other exam, are lined up in upcoming months and vocabulary plays a crucial role to score minimum 4-5 marks within few seconds if you are going to learn Vocabulary on the very daily basis it will going to help you to get that marks easily in your pocket. So here Daily Vocabulary update provides you with some words on daily basis to help you to attain your goal.
Thought of the day: Life always offers you a second chance it’s called tomorrow.
Daily Vocabulary Update-
1.Trivial(Adj)- Of little value or importance.
- SYNONYMS: unimportant, insignificant, inconsequential, minor, of little account, of no account, of little consequence, of no consequence, of little importance, of no importance, not worth bothering about, not worth mentioning.
- Example: Huge fines were imposed for trivial offences.
2. Tranquil(Adj)- Free from disturbance; calm.
- SYNONYMS: peaceful, restful, reposeful, calm, quiet, still, serene, placid, relaxing, soothing, undisturbed, idyllic, halcyon, mild, pleasant.
- Example: Trees have been planted around the theatre to keep it cool, tranquil and beautiful.
3. Covetous(Adj)- Having or showing a great desire to possess something belonging to someone else.
- SYNONYMS: grasping, greedy, rapacious, insatiable, yearning, acquisitive, desirous, possessive, selfish.
- Example: She fingered the linen with covetous hands.
4. Crescendo(Noun)– A gradual increase in loudness in a piece of music.
- SYNONYMS: peak, pinnacle, height, high point, highest point, summit, top.
- Example: The sandstorm hit us that day and built to a crescendo during the next day.
5. Lucid(Adj)- Expressed clearly; easy to understand.
- SYNONYMS: intelligible, comprehensible, understandable, cogent, coherent, communicative, articulate, eloquent.
- Example: Write in a clear and lucid style.
6. Valedictory(Adj)- Serving as a farewell.
- SYNONYMS: farewell, goodbye, leaving, parting, departing, going away, last, final.
- Example: I also pay tribute to some of those who have given valedictory speeches here in the last few days.
7. Vehement(Adj)- Showing strong feeling; forceful, passionate, or intense.
- SYNONYMS: passionate, forceful, ardent, impassioned, heated, spirited, urgent, fervent, fervid, strong, forcible, powerful, emphatic, vigorous, animated, intense, violent, fierce, earnest, eager, keen, enthusiastic, zealous, fanatical.
- Example: Her voice was low but vehement.
8. Vendetta(Noun)- A prolonged bitter quarrel with or campaign against someone.
- SYNONYMS: feud, blood feud, quarrel, argument, falling-out, wrangle, clash, altercation, dispute, fight, war
- Example: He has accused the British media of pursuing a vendetta against him.
9. Infidel(Adv)- A person who has no religion or whose religion is not that of the majority.
- SYNONYMS: unbeliever, disbeliever, non-believer, heathen, pagan, idolater, idolatress, heretic, agnostic, atheist, non-theist, nihilist, apostate, freethinker, libertine, dissenter, nonconformist
- Example: He meant, I imagined, that they were sacrilegious infidels.
10. Indomitable(Adj)- Impossible to subdue or defeat.
- SYNONYMS: invincible, unconquerable, unbeatable, unassailable, impregnable, invulnerable, unsurpassable, unshakeable.
- Example: Yet her heart is not broken, nor is her indomitable spirit.
For Government Jobs Updates Please Follow Us.
For Daily, Current Affairs CLICK HERE.