Dear Readers of Daily Vocabulary Update,
As we know that all competitive exams whether it is Banking or SSC or any, are lined up in upcoming months and vocabulary plays a crucial role to score minimum 4-5 marks within few seconds if you are going to learn Vocabulary on the very daily basis it will going to help you to get that marks easily in your pocket. So here Daily Vocabulary update provides you with some words on daily basis to help you to attain your goal.
Thought of the day: A dream is not that which you see while sleeping. It is something that does not let you sleep.
Daily Vocabulary Update-
1. assertion(noun)= the act of stating clearly and strongly or making others aware.
- SYNONYMS: a contention, statement, claim, submission, postulation, averment, opinion, proclamation, announcement, pronouncement, assurance, attestation, affirmation, protestation, profession, swearing, insistence, avowal.
2. opacity(noun)= lack of transparency, Hazziness.
SYNONYMS: opaqueness, non-transparency, lack of transparency, cloudiness, filminess, haziness, mistiness, blur, blurredness, dirtiness, dinginess, muddiness, griminess, smeariness.
3. inexplicable(adj)= incapable of being explained, interpreted or accounted for.
- SYNONYMS: unaccountable, unexplainable, incomprehensible, unfathomable, impenetrable, insoluble, unsolvable, baffling, puzzling, perplexing, mystifying, bewildering, mysterious, strange, weird, abstruse, enigmatic.
4. subversion(noun)= The undermining of the power and authority of an established system or institution.
- SYNONYMS: destruction, the end.
5. quantum(noun)= A share or portion.
- SYNONYMS: quantity, amount, portion, part, division, bit, quota, allowance, ration, allocation, allotment, a lot, measure, due.
6. harbour(noun)= keep a thought or feeling, typically a negative one in one’s mind(especially secretly).
- SYNONYMS: refuge, haven, safe haven, shelter, sanctuary, retreat, asylum, place of safety, place of security, a port in a storm, oasis, sanctum.
7. dispensation(noun)= exemption from a rule or usual requirement.
- SYNONYMS: exemption, immunity, exception, exclusion, exoneration, freedom, release, relief, reprieve, remission, relaxation, absolution.
8. legitimate(adj)= legal or judicial.
- SYNONYMS: legal, lawful, licit, legalized, authorized, permitted, permissible, allowable, allowed, admissible, recognized, sanctioned, approved, licensed, statutory, constitutional, within the law, going by the rules, above board, valid, honest, upright.
9. behemoth(noun)= something enormous, especially a large and powerful organization.
- SYNONYMS: monster, brute, beast, giant, colossus, mountain, leviathan, mammoth, monstrosity.
10. menacing(adj)= something that threatens to cause evil, harm, injury, etc; a threat.
11. incumbent(adj)= the holder of an office or post or one particular position or place.
- SYNONYMS: current, existing, present, in office, in power, binding, obligatory, mandatory, necessary, compulsory, required, requisite, essential, imperative.
12. impediment(noun)= something that interferes with movement or progress.
- SYNONYMS: hindrance, obstruction, obstacle, barrier, bar, handicap, block, check, curb, brake, restraint, restriction, limitation, encumbrance, a deterrent.
13. intertwined(verb)= to be or become very closely involved with each other.
- SYNONYMS: entwine, interweave, interlace, interthread, interwind, intertwist, twist, coil, twirl, ravel, lace, braid, plait, knit.
14. jilted(verb)= to cast off or reject(someone) capriciously or unfeelingly.
- SYNONYMS: leave, walk out on, throw over, finish with, break up with, reject, cast aside.
15. irreconcilable= incapable of being brought into harmony or adjustment, incompatible.
- SYNONYMS: at odds, at variance, incongruous, conflicting, clashing, discordant, antagonistic, mutually exclusive.
For Daily updates please go through Daily Vocabulary. Follow us