Dear Readers of Daily Vocabulary Update
As we know that all competitive exams whether it is Banking or SSC or any other exam, are lined up in upcoming months and vocabulary plays a crucial role to score minimum 4-5 marks within few seconds if you are going to learn Vocabulary on the very daily basis it will going to help you to get that marks easily in your pocket. So here Daily Vocabulary update provides you with some words on daily basis to help you to attain your goal.
Thought of the day: “Suffering is the essence of Success.”
Daily Vocabulary Update-
1. Inevitable (Adj)- Certain to happen; unavoidable.
- SYNONYMS: unavoidable, inescapable, bound to happen, sure to happen, inexorable, unpreventable, assured, certain, for sure, sure, fated, predestined, predetermined, preordained, ineluctable.
- Example: This War was inevitable.
2. Prevention(Noun)- The action of stopping something from happening or arising.
- SYNONYMS: hindrance, hampering, holding back, discouragement, obstruction, impediment, retardation.
- Example: The treatment and prevention of malaria.
3. Encompasses(Verb)- Surround and have or hold within.
- SYNONYMS: surround, enclose, ring, encircle, circumscribe, skirt, bound, border, fringe.
- Example: Every dog’s life is encompassed within that of their owner.
4. Personnel(Noun)– People employed in an organization or engaged in an organized undertaking such as military service.
- SYNONYMS: staff, employees, workforce, workers, labour force, manpower, human resources, people, men and women.
- Example: Many of the personnel involved require training.
5. Notion(Noun)- A conception of or belief about something.
- SYNONYMS: idea, belief, concept, conception, conviction, opinion, view, thought, impression, image, perception, mental picture
- Example: I had no notion of what her words meant.
6. Mitigate(Verb)- Make (something bad) less severe, serious, or painful.
- SYNONYMS: alleviate, reduce, diminish, lessen, weaken, lighten, attenuate, take the edge off, allay, ease, assuage, palliate, cushion, damp, deaden, dull, appease, soothe, relieve, help, soften, temper, still, quell, quieten, quiet, tone down, blunt, dilute, moderate, modify, abate, lull, pacify, placate, mollify, sweeten, tranquillize, remit, extenuate, excuse, commute.
- Example: One is to develop a serious plan for mitigating extreme poverty.
7. Spearheaded(Noun)- An individual or group chosen to lead an attack or movement.
- SYNONYMS: leader, leaders, driving force.
- Example: She became the spearhead of a health education programme.
8. Flyers(Noun)- A person or thing that flies, especially in a particular way
- SYNONYMS: air traveller, air passenger, airline customer.
- Example: One airline is offering one heck of a deal for frequent flyers.
9. Embellished(Adj)- Make (something) more attractive by the addition of decorative details or features.
- SYNONYMS: decorate, adorn, ornament, dress, dress up, furnish.
- Example: Blue silk embellished with golden embroidery.
10. Onerous(Noun)- (of a task or responsibility) involving a great deal of effort, trouble, or difficulty.
- SYNONYMS: burdensome, heavy, inconvenient, troublesome, awkward, crushing, back-breaking, oppressive
- Example: He found his duties increasingly onerous
Daily updates please go through Daily Vocabulary. Follow us
For Government Jobs Updates Please Follow Us.
For Daily, Current Affairs CLICK HERE.