Dear Readers of Daily Vocabulary Update,
As we know that all competitive exams whether it is Banking or SSC or any, are lined up in upcoming months and vocabulary plays a crucial role to score minimum 4-5 marks within few seconds if you are going to learn Vocabulary on the very daily basis it will going to help you to get that marks easily in your pocket. So here Daily Vocabulary update provides you with some words on daily basis to help you to attain your goal.
Thought of the day: “One Small Positive thought in the Morning can Change the Entire Outcome of Your Day .”
Daily Vocabulary Update-
1. Undulate(Verb)- Having a wavy surface, edge, or markings
- SYNONYMS: rise and fall, surge, wave, billow, roll, swell, ripple, heave, flow, wind, swing, whirl, wobble, oscillate
- Example: The land undulates between 200 and 250 feet above sea level.
2.Wherewith(Relative Adverb)- With or by which.
- Example: The instrumental means wherewith the action is performed.
3.Writhe(Verb)- Make twisting, squirming movements or contortions of the body.
- SYNONYMS: squirm, wriggle, thrash, flounder, flail, toss, toss and turn, twitch, twist, twist and turn, roll, jiggle, wiggle, jerk, jolt.
- Example: He writhed in agony on the ground.
4.Rhapsody(Noun)- An effusively enthusiastic or ecstatic expression of feeling.
- SYNONYMS: elation, euphoria, exultation, exaltation, joy, happiness, delight, joyousness, jubilation, rapture, ecstasy, bliss.
- Example: Rhapsodies of praise.
5.Persiflage(Noun)- Light and slightly contemptuous mockery or banter.
- SYNONYMS: banter, repartee, raillery, ripostes, sallies, quips, wisecracks, crosstalk, wordplay, teasing, ragging.
- Example: An air of persiflage.
6. Relegate(Verb)- Assign an inferior rank or position to.
- SYNONYMS: downgrade, lower, lower in rank, lower in status, put down, move down.
- Example: They aim to prevent women from being relegated to a secondary role.
7. Meliorate(Noun)- To make better.
- SYNONYMS: better, enhance, ameliorate.
- Example: He Meliorated his performance day in and out after his poor performance.
8. Indomitable(Adj)- Impossible to subdue or defeat.
- SYNONYMS: invincible, unconquerable, unbeatable, unassailable, impregnable, invulnerable, unsurpassable, unshakeable.
- Example: She is a woman of indomitable spirit.
9. Incongruous(Adj)- Not in harmony or keeping with the surroundings or other aspects of something.
- SYNONYMS: out of place, out of keeping, inappropriate, unsuitable, unsuited, not in harmonyill-matched, ill-assorted, mismatched, unharmonious, inconsistent, incompatible, different, dissimilar, contrasting, disparate, discrepant.
- Example: In the dream, his waking life seemed unreal and incongruous.
10.Grapple(Verb)- Engage in a close fight or struggle without weapons; wrestle.
- SYNONYMS: wrestle, struggle, tussle.
- Example: passers-by grappled with the man after the knife attack.
Daily updates please go through Daily Vocabulary. Follow us