Current Affairs update 23-Mar-18 with all static facts
Current Affairs update for all competitive exams is Important because the General awareness section covers numerous sections in it like Current affairs, Static GK, Banking awareness, Financial awareness. We have also noticed that both the Banking awareness and Static awareness are based on Current affairs only. If we keep updating our self with Current affairs then it will be going to help us to deal with PI(personal interview) more efficiently so we do not give a fumbled answer to the interviewer simple questions. Here are the daily GK updates to get you aware of the top events that made the headlines today.
Current Affairs update with All relevant facts:
1. Union Cabinet gave its approval for revision of the Agreement between Qatar and India for the avoidance of double taxation and for the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
- Note 1: Qatar Capital is Doha, Currency is Riyal & PM is Abdullah Bin Nasser Bin Khalifa Al Thani.
2. Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs given its approval for Central Sector Scheme “Integrated Scheme for Development of Silk Industry” for the next 3 years from 2017-18 to 2019-20. A total allocation of Rs.2161.68 Crore has been approved for the Scheme.
- Note 1: The scheme will be implemented by the Ministry through Central Silk Board (CSB).
- Note 2: The scheme is supposed to improve the silk production from the level of 30348 MTs
during 2016-17 to 38500 MTs by end of 2019-20.
3. Ayushman Bharat – National Health Protection Mission has been approved by the cabinet.
- Note 1: The scheme gives the benefits cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year.
- Note 2: The target beneficiaries of this scheme will be more than 10 crore families of the nation
belonging to poor and vulnerable population based on SECC (Socio-Economic and Caste
- Note 3: AB-NHPM subsume the on-going Centrally Sponsored Schemes –Rashtriya Swasthya
Bima Yojana (RSBY) and the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).
4. BHEL has signed a Technology Collaboration Agreement (TCA) with HLB Power, Republic of Korea. For in-house design and manufacture of specialized components to be used in coal-based power plants.
- Note 1: The Republic of Korea(South Korea) Capital in Seoul. Currency is Won. President is Moon Jae-In. PM is Lee Nak-Yeon.
- Note 2: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited(BHEL) Founded in 1964. Chairman & MD is Atul Sobti. Headquarter is in New Delhi.
5. India has successfully flights tested the supersonic cruise missile, ‘BrahMos’ from Pokhran test range, Rajasthan.
- Note 1: This is the first time that the missile has been tested with an Indian-made seeker.
- Note 2: BrahMos can be launched from the land, air and the sea.
- Note 3: BrahMos is a supersonic cruise missile is a joint-venture of India and Russia.
- Note 4: This missile has been named after two rivers – India’s Brahmaputra and the Russian Moskva.
- Note 5: Defence Minister is Nirmala Sitharaman.
6. Elavenil Valarivan won the Gold Medal in junior ISSF World Cup. The venue is Sydney, Australia.
- Note 1: ISSF stands for International Shooting Sports Federation. Founded in 1907. Headquarter in Munich, Germany. President is Olegario Vazquez Rana.
- Note 2: Australia Capital is Canberra. Currency is Dollar. PM is Malcolm Turnbull.
7. Singapore Changi Airport has been named as the world’s best airport for the sixth consecutive year by Consultancy Firm Skytrax CONSULTANCY FIRM SKYTRAX.
Source: Time Out
- Note 1: Singapore Capital is Singapore City. Currency is Dollar. PM is Lee Hsien Loong. President is Halimah Yacob.
- Note 2: List of Top 10 Ranking of the World’s Best Airport Award 2018.
- Singapore Changi
- Seoul Incheon
- Tokyo Haneda
- Hong Kong
- Doha Hamad
- Centrair Nagoya
- London Heathrow
- Frankfurt Airport