Current Affairs update 08-March-18 with all static facts
Current Affairs update for all competitive exams is Important because the General awareness section covers numerous sections in it like Current affairs, Static GK, Banking awareness, Financial awareness. We have also noticed that both the Banking awareness and Static awareness are based on Current affairs only. If we keep updating our self with Current affairs then it will be going to help us to deal with PI(personal interview) more efficiently so we do not give a fumbled answer to the interviewer simple questions. Here are the daily GK updates to get you aware of the top events that made the headlines today.
Current Affairs update 08-March-18 with All relevant facts:
1. According to UNICEF statement, Child marriages have been declined in India.
- Note 1: According to a statement released by the UNICEF, 25 million child marriages were prevented globally from last 10 years (2005-06 and 2015-16) and the largest reduction was seen in South Asia where India is at the forefront.
- Note 2: India saw a very sharp decline in child marriages over last 10 years with 27% girls getting married before their 18th birthday as against 47% a decade ago.
- Note 3: UNICEF stands for United Nations Children’s Fund. Established in the year 11th Dec 1946. Headquarter is in New York City.
2. The Railway Ministry is planning to inaugurate a semi-high speed train on Delhi-Jaipur route which would operate at the speed of 200 km/ph and cover the distance within 90 minutes.
3. In the, Om Prakash Mitharwal and Manu Bhaker have bagged Gold Medal for India in the 10 metre Air Pistol Mixed team event in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Note 1: Manu Bhaker won the 1st World Cup Gold medal on Sunday in the 10m Air Pistol event.
- Note 2: Shahzar Rizvi has also won a Gold medal in the 10 metre Air Pistol event.
- Note3: Mexico Capital is in Mexico City & Currency is Peso. Presiden is Enrique Pena Nieto.
- Note4: ISSF stands for International Shooting Sports Federation. It was founded in the Year 1907. Headquarter is in Munich, Germany. President is Olegario Vazquez Rana.
4. Former Australia Test opener Ed Cowan has announced his retirement from professional cricket.
- Note 1: Australia Capital is Canberra & Currency is Dollar. PM is Malcolm Turnbull.
5. Headquarters of the AWBI (Animal Welfare Board of India) has shifted from Chennai to Haryana’s Ballabhgarh.
- Note 1: Animal Welfare Board of India(AWBI) is the statutory advisory body which works for Animal Welfare Laws and promotes animal welfare in the country.
- Note 2: AWBI comes under Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change. It was established in the year 1962. Chairman is S.P. Gupta.
- Note3: Ministry of State for Environment, Forests & Climate Change is Mahesh Sharma.
6. Nitin Gadkari has launched Sukhad Yatra Mobile application and 1033 the toll-free Emergency number for highway users. Sukhad Yatra Mobile application launched by NHAI(National Highways Authority Of India).
- Note 1: Minister of Road Transport & Highway, Shipping, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation is Nitin Gadkari.
- Note 2: National Highways Authority Of India Founded in the year 1988. Headquarter is in New Delhi. Chairman is Deepak Kumar.
7. Iraq had overtaken Saudi Arabia for becoming India’s top crude oil exporter by supplying 38.9 million tonnes (MT) crude oil in the current financial year 2018-19.
- Note 1: Iraq Capital is Bagdad & Currency is Dinar. President is Fuad Masum.
- Note 2: Saudi Arabia Capital is Riyadh & Currency is Riyal. PM is Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
- Note 3: Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship is Dharmendra Pradhan.
8. ‘World’s Billionaires’ list 2018 has been topped by Jeff Bezos with a net worth of $112 billion.
- Note 1: Microsoft founder Bill Gates is 2nd with a net worth of $90 billion.
- Note 2: Investment Guru Warren Buffet 3rd with a net worth of $84 billion.
- Note 3: Mukesh Ambani, the chairman of Reliance Industries Limited, is 19th on the list with a net worth of $40.1 billion.
- Note 4: FORBES was founded in the year 1917. Headquarter is in New York City. CEO is Michael Perlis.
9. Former Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) chairman M K Bhargav died. He was 78.
10.Former Congress MLA, Surta Singh Maravi died. He was 75.
Daily updates please go through Daily Vocabulary. Follow us
For Government Jobs Updates Please Follow Us.
For Daily, Current Affairs update CLICK HERE.