Current affairs update of 01-Feb-18 with all static facts: Current affairs update.
Current affairs update for all competitive exams is Important because the General awareness section covers numerous sections in it like Current affairs, Static GK, Banking awareness, Financial awareness. We have also noticed that both the Banking awareness and Static awareness are based on Current affairs only. If we keep updating our self with Current affairs then it will be going to help us to deal with PI(personal interview) more efficiently so we do not give a fumbled answer to the interviewer simple questions. Here are the daily GK updates to get you aware of the top events that made the headlines today.
Current affairs with All relevant facts:
1. IWAI(Inland Waterways Authority of India) has signed a pact with World Bank for Jal Marg Vikash Project to enhance navigation on National Waterway-1 from Varanasi to Haldiya.
- Note 1. Total Amount of the Jal Marg Vikash Project is 375 million USD.
- Note 2. IWAI(Inland Waterways Authority of India) was founded in the year 1986, Headquartered in Noida and Chairman is Nutan Guha-Biswas.
- Note 3. World Bank was Founded in July 1945, Headquartered in Washington, D.C. and President are Jim Yong Kim.
2. India Won Under 19 Cricket World Cup by defeating Australia with 8 wickets.
- Note 1. India won under 19 Cricket World Cup 4th time this year.( won Previously in 2000, 2008 & 2012).
- Note 2. The venue is Tauranga(New Zealand).
- Note 3. New Zealand Capital is Wellington, Currency is New Zealand Dollar and PM is Jacinda Ardern.
3. PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the Two-Day Global Investors Summit ‘Advantage Assam‘ in Guwahati, Assam. Summit was organised by Assam Government & FICCI.
- Note 1. Its Aim is to Position the State as India’s Expressway to Association of Southeast Asian Nations(ASEAN) Countries.
- Note 2. Assam Capital is Dispur, CM is Sarbhananda Sonowal and Governor is Jagdish Mukhi.
- Note 3. FICCI Stands for Federation of Chambers of Commerce & Industry. Founded in the Year 1927, Headquartered in New Delhi and President is Rashesh Shah.
4. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley inaugurated India’s 1st Sentiment Index named as ‘CriSidEx‘ for MSME(Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises). It was Jointly developed by SIDBI and CRISIL.
- Note 1. CriSidEx includes 2 Indices i.e; Survey Quarter and Next Quarter.
- Note 2. CRISIL stands for Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited. It is Headquartered in Mumbai, Foundation Year is 1987 and CEO is Ashu Suyash.
- Note 3. SIDBI stands for Small Industries Development Bank of India. It is Headquartered in Lucknow, Foundation Year is 1990 and Chairman is Shri Mohammad Mustafa.
5. A 17 member task force Committee has been constituted by the Ministry of Defence (Department of Defence Production) to study the use and application of artificial intelligence (AI) in the military.
- Note 1. The Task Force is Headed by N Chandrasekaran.
- Note 2. Its Aim is to Study the use of Artificial intelligence(AI).
- Note 3. Tata Sons Limited was founded in the Year 1868, Headquartered in Mumbai, Founded by Jamsetji Tata, and Chairman is Natarajan Chandrasekaran.
6. National Building Construction Corporation(NBCC) and The Government of Assam has signed a MoU to set up a Twin Tower Trade Centre in Guwahati Assam.
- Note 1. The total cost of the Project is Rs.1950Crore.
- Note 2. The aim is to Set up Twin Tower Trade Centre in Guwahati Assam.
- Note 3. Assam’s few National Parks are Kaziranga National Park, Orang National Park, Manas National Parks, Khangchendzonga NationalPark.
7. Thanglura Darlong has been appointed as Indian Ambassador to Romania. He Succeeded over Dr AVS Ramesh Chandra.
- Note 1. Romania Capital is Bucharest, Currency is Romanian Leu (RON) and President is Klaus Iohannis.
8. Alphabet’s Board has been Appointed John Hennessy as its Chairman.
- Note 1. John Hennessy was Former President of Stanford University.
- Note 2. John Hennessy Succeeded over Eric Schmidt.
- Note 3. The Alphabet is Headquartered in California (USA), It was Founded in the year 2015 and CEO are Larry Page.
9. Joint Stock Company United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC), Russia and Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to Collaborate in Design and Development of State of the Art Vessels.
- Note 1. Chairman & MD of CSL is Madhu S Nair.
- Note 2. President of United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC) is Alexey Rakhmanov.
- Note 3. Union Transport, Shiping and Transport Minister is Nitin Gadkari.
10. Shabnam Asthana awarded with the ‘Times Power Women of the Year 2017’ at Pune for Global PR. Award was given by Dilip Kamble(Minister of State for Social Justice and Special Assistance in the Government of Maharashtra).
- Note 1. Maharashtra Governor is C. Vidyasagar Rao and CM is Devendra Fadnavis (BJP).
- Note 2. National Park of Maharastra are Chandoli National Park, Gugumal National Park, Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Navegaon National Park.
For Daily updates on current affairs please follow us regularly.