Dear Readers of Daily Vocabulary Update
As we know that all competitive exams whether it is Banking or SSC or any other exam, are lined up in upcoming months and vocabulary plays a crucial role to score minimum 4-5 marks within few seconds if you are going to learn Vocabulary on the very daily basis it will going to help you to get that marks easily in your pocket. So here Daily Vocabulary update provides you with some words on daily basis to help you to attain your goal.
Thought of the day: “Life is very short to worry about anything. so better to enjoy it because the next day guarantees nothing.”
Daily Vocabulary Update-
1. Mediocre(Adj)- Of only average quality; not very good.
- SYNONYMS: ordinary, common, commonplace, indifferent, average, middle-of-the-road, middling, medium, moderate, everyday, workaday, tolerable, passable, adequate, fair.
- Example: She can go from mediocre to champion in the space of a couple of sets.
2. Recital(Noun)- A performance of a programme of music by a soloist or small group.
- SYNONYMS: concert, performance, musical performance, public performance, solo performance, solo, show.
- Example: I gave my first recital at the Royal College.
3. Deteriorate(Adj)- Become progressively worse.
- SYNONYMS: worsen, get worse, decline, be in decline, degenerate, decay, decay, degrade, degenerate, break down, decompose, rot, putrefy, go bad, go off, spoil, perish.
- Example: Relations between the countries had deteriorated sharply.
4. Augment(Adj)– Make (something) greater by adding to it; increase.
- SYNONYMS: increase, make larger, make bigger, make greater, add to, supplement, top up, build up, enlarge, expand, extend, raise, multiply, elevate, swell, inflate.
- Example: He augmented his summer income by painting houses.
5. Extermination(Noun)- Killing, especially of a whole group of people or animals.
- SYNONYMS: killing, murder, assassination, putting to death, doing to death, execution, dispatch, slaughter, massacre, genocide
- Example: The extermination of all foreigners were ordered.
6. Sitzkrieg(Noun)- A war, or a phase of a war, in which there is little or no active warfare.
- Example: As we enter, perhaps, the last day of sitzkrieg, our allies continue to desert us left and right.
7. Adversary(Noun)- One’s opponent in a contest, conflict, or dispute.
- SYNONYMS: opponent, rival, enemy, foe, nemesis, antagonist, combatant, challenger, contender, competitor, opposer, fellow contestant.
- Example: She became the spearhead of a health education programme.
8. Barrage(Noun)- A concentrated artillery bombardment over a wide area.
- SYNONYMS: bombardment, gunfire, cannonade, battery, blast, broadside, salvo, volley, fusillade.
- Example: His forces launched an artillery barrage on the city.
9. Deposition(Noun)- The action of deposing someone, especially a monarch.
- SYNONYMS: overthrow, overturning, toppling, downfall, removal from office, removal, unseating, dethronement, supplanting, displacement, dismissal, discharge, ousting, drumming out, throwing out, forcing out, driving out, expulsion, expelling, ejection, ejecting.
- Example: The rebels fought the emperor until his deposition in 1974.
10. Obfuscate(Noun)- Make obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.
- SYNONYMS: obscure, confuse, make obscure, make unclear, blur, muddle, jumble, complicate, garble, muddy, cloud, befog.
- Example: The mortal mind obfuscates the spiritual truth, which is the love of God.
Daily updates please go through Daily Vocabulary. Follow us
For Government Jobs Updates Please Follow Us.
For Daily, Current Affairs CLICK HERE.