Dear Readers of Daily Vocabulary Update
As we know that all competitive exams whether it is Banking or SSC or any other exam, are lined up in upcoming months and vocabulary plays a crucial role to score minimum 4-5 marks within few seconds if you are going to learn Vocabulary on the very daily basis it will going to help you to get that marks easily in your pocket. So here Daily Vocabulary update provides you with some words on daily basis to help you to attain your goal.
Thought of the day: “What You Decide to do, Make Sure it makes you Happy at the end.”
Daily Vocabulary Update-
1. Contentious (Adj)- Causing or likely to cause an argument; controversial.
- SYNONYMS: controversial, disputable, debatable, disputed, contended, open to debate, open to question, moot, vexed.
- Example: A contentious issue.
2. Disquiet(Noun)- A feeling of worry or unease.
- SYNONYMS: unease, uneasiness, worry, anxiety, anxiousness, distress, concern.
- Example: Public disquiet about animal testing.
3. Regressive(Adj)- Returning to a former or less developed state; characterized by regression.
- SYNONYMS: retrograde, retrogressive, unprogressive, for the worse, in the wrong direction, downhill, negative.
- Example: Regressive aspects of recent local government reform.
4. Cosmopolitan(Adj)– Including people from many different countries.
- SYNONYMS: international, multiracial, worldwide, global, universal.
- Example: Immigration transformed the city into a cosmopolitan metropolis.
5. Backlash(Noun)- A strong negative reaction by a large number of people, especially to a social or political development.
- SYNONYMS: adverse reaction, adverse response, counteraction, counterblast, comeback, recoil.
- Example: A public backlash against racism.
6. Sitzkrieg(Noun)- A war, or a phase of a war, in which there is little or no active warfare.
- Example: As we enter, perhaps, the last day of sitzkrieg, our allies continue to desert us left and right.
7. Spearheaded(Noun)- An individual or group chosen to lead an attack or movement.
- SYNONYMS: leader, leaders, driving force.
- Example: She became the spearhead of a health education programme.
8. Slaughter(Noun)- Kill (animals) for food.
- SYNONYMS: kill, butcher.
- Example: At present the abattoir is slaughtering animals for the domestic market.
9. Inevitable(Adj)- Certain to happen; unavoidable.
- SYNONYMS: unavoidable, inescapable, bound to happen, sure to happen, inexorable, unpreventable, assured, certain, for sure, sure, fated, predestined, predetermined, preordained, ineluctable.
- Example: The inevitable letter from the bank.
10. Vitriolic(Noun)- Filled with bitter criticism or malice.
- SYNONYMS: acrimonious, rancorous, bitter, caustic, mordant, acerbic, astringent, acid, acrid, trenchant, virulent, spiteful, crabbed, savage, venomous, poisonous, malicious, malignant, malign, pernicious, splenetic.
- Example: Vitriolic attacks on the politicians.
Daily updates please go through Daily Vocabulary. Follow us
For Government Jobs Updates Please Follow Us.
For Daily, Current Affairs CLICK HERE.