Dear Readers of Daily Vocabulary Update
As we know that all competitive exams whether it is Banking or SSC or any other exam, are lined up in upcoming months and vocabulary plays a crucial role to score minimum 4-5 marks within few seconds if you are going to learn Vocabulary on the very daily basis it will going to help you to get that marks easily in your pocket. So here Daily Vocabulary update provides you with some words on daily basis to help you to attain your goal.
Thought of the day: “Your Best Teacher Is Your Last Mistake.“
Daily Vocabulary Update-
1. Avalanche(Noun)- A mass of snow, ice, and rocks falling rapidly down a mountainside.
- SYNONYMS: snowslide, snow slip.
- Example: When I way up on the mountain, a little avalanche fell.
2. Augment(Verb)- Make (something) greater by adding to it; increase.
- SYNONYMS: increase, make larger, make bigger, make greater, add to, supplement, top up, build up, enlarge, expand, extend, raise, multiply, elevate, swell, inflate.
- Example: Raj augmented his summer income by painting others houses.
3. Abject(Adj)- (of a person or their behaviour) completely without pride or dignity; self-abasing.
- SYNONYMS: obsequious, grovelling, crawling, creeping, fawning, toadyish, servile, cringing, snivelling, ingratiating, toadying, sycophantic, submissive, craven, humiliating.
- Example: I answered, staggered at this abject rudeness.
4. Epizoon(Noun)- An animal that lives in the body of another animal, especially as a parasite.
5. Abominable(Adj)- Causing moral revulsion.
- SYNONYMS: loathsome, detestable, hateful, odious, obnoxious, despicable, contemptible, damnable, cursed, accursed, diabolical.
- Example: This was a horrifying and abominable thing to do.
6. Resumption(Noun)- The action of beginning something again after a pause or interruption.
- SYNONYMS: restart, restarting, recommencement, reopening, reinstitution.
- Example: The resumption of amicable commercial relations was also matched by cultural and artistic transactions.
7. Opine(Verb)- Hold and state as one’s opinion.
- SYNONYMS: suggest, submit, advance, propose, venture, volunteer, put forward, moot, propound, posit, air, hazard, say, declare, observe, comment, remark.
- Example: Bhuvneshwar Kumar has Opined that India’s batting has improved against short bowling attack.
8. Bias(Noun)- Inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.
- SYNONYMS: prejudice, partiality, partisanship, favouritism, unfairness, one-sidedness.
- Example: There was evidence of bias against foreign applicants.
9. Fence(Noun)- A guard or guide on a plane, saw, or other tools.
- SYNONYMS: barrier, paling, railing, rail, bar, hurdle, enclosure.
- Example: Yet it has no bars on its windows, no armed guards or perimeter fences.
10. Berthing(Verb)- The action or process of mooring a ship in its allotted place.
- Example: As soon as the berthing was complete, they went ashore.
Daily updates please go through Daily Vocabulary. Follow us