Dear Readers of Daily Vocabulary Update
As we know that all competitive exams whether it is Banking or SSC or any other exam, are lined up in upcoming months and vocabulary plays a crucial role to score minimum 4-5 marks within few seconds if you are going to learn Vocabulary on the very daily basis it will going to help you to get that marks easily in your pocket. So here Daily Vocabulary update provides you with some words on daily basis to help you to attain your goal.
Thought of the day: “If you fail never give up because fail means first Attempt at learning.” By Abdul Kalam.
Daily Vocabulary Update-
1. Interlocutor(Noun)- Someone who is involved in a conversation.
- SYNONYMS: caller, commentator, conversationalist, debate, demagogue, eulogy, flack, gasbag, gossip, heckle, informant.
- Example: This is the response I wrote to one of my interlocutors in the comments.
2. Voluminous(Adj)- (of clothes) very loose or full; having much fabric.
- SYNONYMS: capacious, commodious, roomy, spacious, ample, full, big, large, sizeable, immense, vast, generous.
- Example: A voluminous purple cloak.
3. Parlance(Noun)- A particular way of speaking or using words, especially a way common to those with a particular job or interest.
- SYNONYMS: expression, idiomatic expression, turn of phrase, set phrase, fixed expression, a phrasejargon, language, phraseology, idiom, -speak, talk, speech, the manner of speaking, way of speaking, vocabulary, vernacular, tongue, idiolect, patter, argot, patois, cant.
- Example: Medical parlance.
4. Parole(Noun)– The temporary or permanent release of a prisoner before the expiry of a sentence, on the promise of good behaviour.
- SYNONYMS: word of honour, word, guarantee, promise, pledge, vow, avowal, oath, bond, affirmation, undertaking, commitment.
- Example: He committed a burglary while on parole.
5. Visceral(Adj)- Relating to the viscera.
- SYNONYMS: enteric, gastroenteric, duodenal, coeliac, gastric, ventral, stomach, abdominal.
- Example: The visceral nervous system.
6. Lobby(Noun)- A room providing a space out of which one or more other rooms or corridors lead, typically one near the entrance of a public building.
- SYNONYMS: entrance hall, hallway, hall, entrance, vestibule, foyer, reception area, outer room, waiting room, anteroom, antechamber, porch.
- Example: They went into the hotel lobby.
7. Bogus(Adj)- Not genuine or true (used in a disapproving manner when deception has been attempted)
- SYNONYMS: fake, faked, spurious, false, fraudulent, sham, deceptive, misleading, pretended.
- Example: A bogus insurance claim.
8. Subterfuge(Noun)- Deceit used in order to achieve one’s goal.
- SYNONYMS: trickery, intrigue, deviousness, evasion, deceit, deception, dishonesty, cheating, duplicity, guile, cunning, craft, craftiness, slyness, chicanery, bluff, pretence, fraud, fraudulence, sophistry, sharp practice.
- Example: He had to use subterfuge and bluff on many occasions.
9. Transcription(Noun)- A written or printed version of something; a transcript.
- SYNONYMS: translation, transliteration.
- Example: They produced a complete transcription of the journals.
10. Decipher(Verb)- Convert (a text written in code, or a coded signal) into normal language.
- SYNONYMS: decode, decrypt, break, work out, solve, interpret, translate, construe, explain.
- Example: Authorized government agencies can decipher encrypted telecommunications.
Daily updates please go through Daily Vocabulary. Follow us
For Government Jobs Updates Please Follow Us.
For Daily, Current Affairs CLICK HERE.