Dear Readers of Daily Vocabulary Update
As we know that all competitive exams whether it is Banking or SSC or any other exam, are lined up in upcoming months and vocabulary plays a crucial role to score minimum 4-5 marks within few seconds if you are going to learn Vocabulary on the very daily basis it will going to help you to get that marks easily in your pocket. So here Daily Vocabulary update provides you with some words on daily basis to help you to attain your goal.
Thought of the day: “Success is When Your Signature Change into Autograph.” By Abdul Kalam.
Daily Vocabulary Update-
1. Reminiscence (Noun)- A story told about a past event remembered by the narrator
- SYNONYMS: memories, recollections, reflections, remembrances, anecdotes.
- Example: The reminiscences of his early days in Parliament.
2. Prognostication(Noun)- A prophecy (a prediction of what will happen in the future).
- SYNONYMS: prediction, forecast, prophecy, divination, prognosis, projection.
- Example: These gloomy prognostications proved to be unfounded.
3. Pretentious(Adj)- Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed.
- SYNONYMS: affected, ostentatious, chichi, showy, flashy, tinselly, conspicuous, flaunty, tasteless, kitschy.
- Example: Pretentious art films.
4. Vitriolic(Adj)– Filled with bitter criticism or malice.
- SYNONYMS: acrimonious, rancorous, bitter, caustic, mordant, acerbic, astringent, acid, acrid, trenchant, virulent, spiteful, crabbed, savage, venomous, poisonous, malicious, malignant, malign, pernicious, splenetic.
- Example: Vitriolic attacks on the politicians
5. Visceral(Adj)- Relating to the viscera.
- SYNONYMS: enteric, gastroenteric, duodenal, coeliac, gastric, ventral, stomach, abdominal.
- Example: The visceral nervous system.
6. Visage(Noun)- A person’s face, with reference to the form or proportions of the features.
- SYNONYMS: face, countenance, physiognomy, profile.
- Example: An elegant, angular visage.
7. Prerequisite(Noun)- A thing that is required as a prior condition for something else to happen or exist.
- SYNONYMS: necessary condition, precondition, condition, essential, requirement, requisite, necessity, proviso, qualification, imperative, basic, rudiment, obligation, duty.
- Example: Sponsorship is not a prerequisite for any of our courses.
8. Persona non grata(Noun)- An unacceptable or unwelcome person.
- SYNONYMS: a pariah, reject, leper, untouchable.
- Example: Nabokov was persona non grata with the regime.
9. Malapropos(Adj)- Inopportune; inappropriate
- SYNONYMS: inappropriate, unsuitable, inapposite, infelicitous, inept, unseemly, inopportune, ill-timed, untimely, uncalled for, tactless.
- Example: These terms applied to him seem to me malapropos.
10. Sehnsucht(Noun)- Yearning; wistful longing.
- Example: A small enclave of adolescent Sehnsucht in her almost undeviatingly rational friend.
Daily updates please go through Daily Vocabulary. Follow us
For Government Jobs Updates Please Follow Us.
For Daily, Current Affairs CLICK HERE.