Dear Readers of Daily Vocabulary Update
As we know that all competitive exams whether it is Banking or SSC or any other exam, are lined up in upcoming months and vocabulary plays a crucial role to score minimum 4-5 marks within few seconds if you are going to learn Vocabulary on the very daily basis it will going to help you to get that marks easily in your pocket. So here Daily Vocabulary update provides you with some words on daily basis to help you to attain your goal.
Thought of the day: “Your Value does not Decrease based on Someone’s Inability to See your Worth.”
Daily Vocabulary Update-
1. Malicious (Adj)- Characterized by malice; intending or intended to do harm.
- SYNONYMS: spiteful, malevolent, hostile, bitter, venomous, poisonous, evil-intentioned, ill-natured, evil, baleful, vindictive, vengeful, vitriolic, rancorous, malign, malignant, pernicious, mean, nasty, harmful, hurtful, mischievous, destructive, wounding, cruel, unkind, defamatory.
- Example: He was found guilty of malicious damage.
2. Vituperate(Verb)- Blame or insult (someone) in strong or violent language.
- SYNONYMS: revile, rail against, inveigh against, fulminate against, attack, upbraid, berate, harangue, lambaste, reprimand, castigate, chastise, rebuke, scold, chide, censure, condemn, damn, denounce, find fault with, run down, take to task, vilify, denigrate, calumniate, insult, abuse, curse, slander, smear
- Example: He vituperated against all presidents with equal gusto.
3. Symposium(Noun)- A conference or meeting to discuss a particular subject.
- SYNONYMS: meeting, sitting, assembly, conclave, plenary.
- Example: The symposium is an annual conference of dioxin researchers.
4. Chagrin(Noun)–Annoyance or distress at having failed or been humiliated.
- SYNONYMS: annoyance, irritation, vexation, exasperation, displeasure, pique, spleen, crossness, anger, rage, fury, wrath.
- Example: To my chagrin, he was nowhere to be seen.
5. Chauvinistic(Adj)- Feeling or displaying aggressive or exaggerated patriotism.
- Example: It is not risible or chauvinistic to believe there are some things a country needs to celebrate.
6. Parley(Noun)- A conference between opposing sides in a dispute, especially a discussion of terms for an armistice.
- SYNONYMS: negotiation, talk, talks, meeting, conference, summit, discussion, dialogue, conclave, consultation, deliberation, colloquy
- Example: A parley is in progress and the invaders may withdraw
7. Unaccredited(Adj)- Not recognized as having attained an acceptable standard.
- Example: A mail-order degree from an unaccredited correspondence school.
8. Liaison(Noun)- Communication or cooperation which facilitates a close working relationship between people or organizations.
- SYNONYMS: cooperation, contact, association, connection, collaboration
- Example: The head porter works in close liaison with the reception office.
9. Malapropos(Adj)- Inopportune; inappropriate
- SYNONYMS: inappropriate, unsuitable, inapposite, infelicitous, inept, unseemly, inopportune, ill-timed, untimely, uncalled for, tactless.
- Example: These terms applied to him seem to me malapropos.
10. Clachan(Noun)- (in Scotland or Northern Ireland) a small village or hamlet.
- Example: Our developments anchor on the idea of the clachan or hamlet.
Daily updates please go through Daily Vocabulary. Follow us
For Government Jobs Updates Please Follow Us.
For Daily, Current Affairs CLICK HERE.