Dear Readers of Daily Vocabulary Update
As we know that all competitive exams whether it is Banking or SSC or any other exam, are lined up in upcoming months and vocabulary plays a crucial role to score minimum 4-5 marks within few seconds if you are going to learn Vocabulary on the very daily basis it will going to help you to get that marks easily in your pocket. So here Daily Vocabulary update provides you with some words on daily basis to help you to attain your goal.
Thought of the day: “Success is More Attitude than Aptitude.”
Daily Vocabulary Update-
1. Capacious(Adj)- Having a lot of space inside; roomy.
- SYNONYMS: roomy, commodious, spacious, ample, big, large, sizeable, generous, extensive, substantial, vast, huge, immense.
- Example: I found the suites capacious, the sofas commodious, the sandwiches copious.
2. Tumult(Noun)- Aloud, confused noise, especially one caused by a large mass of people.
- SYNONYMS: din, loud noise, racket, uproar, commotion, ruckus, rumpus, hubbub, pandemonium, babel, bedlam, brouhaha, fracas, furore, melee, frenzy, ado.
- Example: Hundreds of other families were also separated in the tumult.
3. Exhaustive(Adj)- Including or considering all elements or aspects; fully comprehensive.
- SYNONYMS: comprehensive, all-inclusive, complete, full, full-scale, all-embracing, all-encompassing, encyclopedic, thorough, in-depth, thoroughgoing, extensive, intensive, all-out, profound, far-reaching, sweeping, umbrella.
- Example: The list is by no means exhaustive but it does capture some of the main elements.
4. Carping(Adj)– Difficult to please; critical.
- SYNONYMS: disparaging, griping.
- Example: She has silenced the carping critics with a successful debut tour.
5. Sanctum(Noun)- A sacred place, especially a shrine within a temple or church.
- SYNONYMS: holy place, shrine, sanctuary, altar, inner sanctum, holy of holies.
- Example: An icon installed within the sanctum of the temple.
6. Lukewarm(Adj)- Showing little enthusiasm.
- SYNONYMS: indifferent, cool, half-hearted, apathetic, unenthusiastic, tepid, uninterested, unconcerned, offhand, lackadaisical, perfunctory, phlegmatic, impassive, dispassionate, emotionless, passionless, limp, non-committal, unresponsive, unmoved.
- Example: Britain is lukewarm about the proposal.
7. Lovat(Noun)- A muted green colour used especially in tweed and woollen garments.
- Example: Avoid dull colours like Lovat.
8. Exonerates(Verb)- (of an official body) absolve (someone) from blame for a fault or wrongdoing.
- SYNONYMS: absolve, clear, acquit, declare innocent, find innocent, pronounce not guilty, discharge.
- Example: An inquiry exonerated those involved.
9. Ludicrous(Adj)- So foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing.
- SYNONYMS: absurd, ridiculous, farcical, laughable, risible, preposterous, foolish, idiotic, stupid, inane, silly, asinine, nonsensical.
- Example: Every night he wore a ludicrous outfit.
10. Sardonic(Adj)- Grimly mocking or cynical.
- SYNONYMS: mocking, satirical, sarcastic, ironical, ironic, cynical, scornful, contemptuous, derisive, derisory, sneering, jeering, scoffing, taunting.
- Example: Starkey attempted a sardonic smile.
Daily updates please go through Daily Vocabulary. Follow us
For Government Jobs Updates Please Follow Us.
For Daily, Current Affairs CLICK HERE.