Dear Readers of Daily Vocabulary Update,
As we know that all competitive exams whether it is Banking or SSC or any, are lined up in upcoming months and vocabulary plays a crucial role to score minimum 4-5 marks within few seconds if you are going to learn Vocabulary on the very daily basis it will going to help you to get that marks easily in your pocket. So here Daily Vocabulary update provides you with some words on daily basis to help you to attain your goal.
Thought of the day: Some succeed because they are destined to, but most succeed because they are determined to!
Daily Vocabulary Update-
1.Conciliatory(adj)- Intended to gain goodwill or favour or to reduce hostility.
- SYNONYMS: propitiatory, placatory, appeasing, pacifying, Pacific, mollifying, so as to pour oil on troubled waters, peacemaking, re-conciliatory.
- TRICK: Ambulatory Karte Hai Conciliatory Karte Hai.
2.Tender(verb)- Showing gentleness, affection and kindness.
- SYNONYMS: caring, kind, kindly, kind-hearted, soft-hearted, tender-hearted, compassionate, sympathetic, warm, warm-hearted, feeling, fatherly, motherly, maternal, gentle, mild, benevolent, generous, giving, humane, affectionate, fond, loving, emotional, warm, gentle, soft.
- TRICK: His eyes were glossy and filled with tender affection.
3.Deviate(verb)- Depart from accepted or usual standards.
- SYNONYMS: diverge, digress, drift, stray, slew, veer, swerve, turn away, turn aside, get sidetracked, branch off, differ, vary, change, depart, be different.
- TRICK: It’s only dangerous if you get careless and deviate from safety standards.
4.Warrant(verb)- A document that entitles the holder to receive goods, money, or services.
- SYNONYMS: voucher, chit, slip, paper, ticket, coupon, pass.
- TRICK: we’ll issue you with a travel warrant.
5.Impropriety(noun)- Failure to observe standards of honesty or modesty; improper behaviour or character.
- SYNONYMS: transgression, a misdemeanour, offence, misdeed, improper act, sin, crime, a felony, wrongdoing, misconduct, dishonesty, corruption, unscrupulousness, illegitimacy, unprofessionalism, irregularity.
- TRICK: Improper behaviour Impropriety ka reason hai.
6.Apex(noun)- The top or highest part of something, especially one forming a point.
- SYNONYMS: tip, peak, summit, pinnacle, top, highest part, highest point, crest, vertex.
- TRICK: Axe Terris Ke Apex Per Rakha Hai.
7.Impeachment(noun)- The action of calling into question the integrity or validity of something.
- TRICK: Impeachment se bachna hai to Important hai passport le jana.
8.Insidiously(adj)- In a gradual, subtle way, but with harmful effects.
- SYNONYMS: Perniciously.
- TRICK: These drugs act insidiously.
9.Onslaught(noun)- A fierce or destructive attack.
- SYNONYMS: assault, attack, offensive, aggression, advance, charge, onrush, rush, storming, sortie, sally, raid, descent, incursion, invasion, foray, push, thrust, drive, blitz, bombardment, barrage, salvo, storm, volley, shower, torrent, broadside.
- TRICK: A series of onslaughts happening at the southern reason.
10.Set Off(Phrasal verb)- Begin a journey.
- SYNONYMS: set out, start out, set forth, sally forth, begin one’s journey, leave, depart, embark, set sail.
- TRICK: They set off together in the small car.
For Daily updates please go through Daily Vocabulary. Follow us