Current Affairs of 24-Jan-18 with all static facts: Current affairs update.
In all competitive exams, the General awareness section covers numerous sections in it like Current affairs, Static GK, Banking awareness, Financial awareness. We have also noticed that both the Banking awareness and Static awareness are based on Current affairs only. If we keep updating our self with Current affairs then it will be going to help us to deal with PI(personal interview) more efficiently so we do not give a fumbled answer to the interviewer simple questions. Here are the daily GK updates to get you aware of the top events that made the headlines today.
Current affairs with All relevant facts:
1.7th Asia Steel International conference will be held in Bhubaneswar from 6th to 9th Feb 2018, organised by Tata Steel, Indian Institute of Metals.
- NOTE 1. Indian Institute of Metals was formed in the year 1946. Its headquarter is in KOLKATA.
- NOTE 2. ODISHA Governor is S. C. Jamir and Chief Minister is Naveen Patnaik.
- NOTE 3. ODISHA Famous national parks are Bhitarkanika National Park and Simlipal National Park.
2. India has secured 3rd rank on the US Green Building Council’s(USGBC) annual ranking of the top 10 countries for leadership in Energy and Environmental Design(LEED) certified buildings. China secured 1st Rank and Canada secured 2nd Rank in it.
- NOTE 1. US Green Building Council’s(USGBC) formation year is 1993, Headquartered in Washington, D.C., US, CEO is MAHESH RAMANUJAM.
- NOTE 2. CHINA Capital is Beijing, Currency is Chinese Yuan, President is Xi Jinping.
- NOTE 3. CANADA Capital is Ottawa, Currency is Dollar, Monarch is Elizabeth II, PM is Justin Trudeau.
3.WEF(World economic forum) is going to open a centre for 4th International Revolution(C4IR) in Mumbai, in Partnership with the Reliance Industries and the central government.
- NOTE 1. World Economic Forum (WEF) founded in 1971, Its founder is KLAUS SCHWAB, Headquartered in COLOGNY, SWITZERLAND.
4. TCS has become the 2nd company after Reliance Industries Ltd to cross Rs. 6 trillion market capitalization in India.
- NOTE 1. MD & CEO of TCS is Rajesh Gopinathan, Its Headquarters is in Mumbai.
- NOTE 2. Reliance Industries Ltd founder is Dhirubhai Ambani, Headquarters is in Mumbai.
5.Ursala K Le Guin died, she is US Science fiction and fantasy author.
- NOTE 1. She was 88 years old.
- NOTE 2.The famous book of her is “The Left Hand of Darkness”.
6. MOU was signed between National Housing Bank and Indian Overseas Bank for the Rural Housing Interest Subsidy Scheme(RHISS) of the Ministry of Rural Development.
- NOTE 1. Ministry of Rural Development is Narendra Singh Tomar.
- NOTE 2.Interest Subsidy under the scheme is 3% and Loan Amount is Rs.2 Lakh. for 20 year tenure.
- NOTE 3.Indian Overseas Bank founded in 10-Feb-1937. Headquarters at Chennai, Tamilnadu. MD & CEO o is R.Subramaniakumar. TAGLINE is GOOD PEOPLE TO GROW WITH.
- NOTE 4.National Housing Bank is a subsidiary of RBI. It was founded on 9th July 1988. Headquartered in NEW DELHI. MD & CEO is SRIRAM KALYANARAMAN.
7. Shripad Yesso Naik has laid the foundation stone for Central Research Institute (CRI) in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- NOTE 1. Rajasthan Capital is Jaipur, CM is Vasundhara Raje, Governor is Kalyan Singh.
- NOTE 2. Shripad Yesso Naik is the minister of state(IC), for AYUSH.
8. In 33rd Women Senior National Weightlifting Championship, Rakhi Singh has won a gold medal in 63kg Women Category.
- NOTE 1. She lifted 128kgs to create a new National Records.
- NOTE 2. Silver Medal Won By S Thasana Chanu.
- NOTE 3. Bronze Medal Won by Amandeep Kaur.
9. Major (Retired) FKK Sircar has passed away recently. He was 101.
- NOTE 1. He was Longest Living Army Veteran.
- NOTE 2. He participated in WORLD WAR II, INDO-PAK War(1947 -48).
- NOTE 3. He participated in NDO-CHINA War 1962.
- NOTE 4. 2nd BATTALION Of The Assam Regiment.
- NOTE 5. Book written by him is ‘THE MEMORIES OF A SOLDIER’
10.West Indies will host 2018 Women’s World T20. The venue is WEST INDIES, from 9-24 November.
- NOTE 1. ICC stands for INTERNATIONAL CRICKET COUNCIL, Chairperson is SHASHANK MANOHAR, President is ZAHEER ABBAS, CEO is DAVID RICHARDSON, Headquarter in Dubai, UAE.