Current Affairs update 07-March-18 with all static facts
Current Affairs update for all competitive exams is Important because the General awareness section covers numerous sections in it like Current affairs, Static GK, Banking awareness, Financial awareness. We have also noticed that both the Banking awareness and Static awareness are based on Current affairs only. If we keep updating our self with Current affairs then it will be going to help us to deal with PI(personal interview) more efficiently so we do not give a fumbled answer to the interviewer simple questions. Here are the daily GK updates to get you aware of the top events that made the headlines today.
Current Affairs update 07-March-18 with All relevant facts:
1. As per the report released by CRISIL, India’s economic growth rate will grow up to 7.5 % in the fiscal year 2018-19.
- Note 1: While in the current fiscal year the growth rate is expected to be 6.5%. (the Financial year 2017-18).
- Note 2: CRISIL stands for Credit Rating Information Services Of India Limited. It is a Global Analytical Company providing ratings, research, risk and policy advisory services.
- Note 3: CRISIL was founded in 1987. Headquarter is in Mumbai, Maharastra.
2. Renowned Bollywood actress ‘Shammi’ had passed away recently. She was 89.
- Note 1: She was known as ‘Shammi Aunty’. She belongs from Maharastra.
- Note 2: Maharstra CM is Devendra Fadnavis, Governor is C. Vidyasagar Rao.
- Note 3: Famous National Parks of Maharastra- Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Navegaon National Park, Tadoba Andhari Tiger Project, Chandoli National Park, Gugamal National Park.
3. Biplab Kumar Deb becomes the next chief minister of Tripura. He is the 10th CM of Tripura.
- Note 1: Biplab Kumar succeeded over Manik Sarkar.
- Note 2: Tripura Capital is Agartala. Governor is Tathagata Roy.
- Note 3: Famous National Parks of Tripura- Bison (Rajbari) National Park, Clouded Leopard National Park, Gumti Wildlife Sanctuary, Rowa Wildlife Sanctuary, Sepahijala Wildlife Sanctuary, Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary.
4. National People’s Party (NPP) president has been sworn in as the 12th chief minister of Meghalaya.
- Note 1: He Succeeded over Mukul Sangma.
- Note 2: Meghalaya Capital is Shillong. Governor of Meghalaya is Ganga Prasad.
- Note 3: Famous National Parks of Meghalaya- Balphakram National Park, Nokrek National Park, Siju Bird Sanctuary, Nongkhyllem Sanctuary, Baghmara Reserve Forest.
5. RBI has imposed a penalty amount of Rs. 3 crore on Axis Bank and Rs. 2 crores on Indian Overseas Bank (IOB).
- Note 1: Penalty amount of Rs. 3 crore on Axis Bank imposed for violation of NPA classification norms.
- Note 2: Penalty amount of Rs. 2 crores on Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) for not complying with the KYC regulations.
- Note 3: Axis Bank was founded in the year 1993. Its MD & CEO is Shikha Sharma. Headquarter is in Mumbai. The tagline is Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi.
- Note 4: Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) was founded on 10 Feb 1937. Its MD & CEO is R. Subramania Kumar. Headquarter is in Chennai. The tagline is Good People to grow with.
- Note 5: A Non-performing asset (NPA) is defined as a credit facility in respect of which the interest and/or instalment of Bond finance principal has remained ‘past due’ for a specified period of time.
- Note 6: Know your customer (‘KYC’) is the process of a business identifying and verifying the identity of its clients. The term is also used to refer to the bank and anti-money laundering regulations which govern these activities.
6. India’s 1st helicopter taxi service launched in Bengaluru. To fly Passengers from Kempegowda International Airport to Bengaluru.
- Note 1: Karnataka Capital is Bengaluru. CM is Siddaramaiah & Governor is Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala. Official Language of Karnataka is Kannada.
- Note 2: Famous Kaiga Atomic Power Station is in Karnataka.
7. Neiphiu Rio has appointed as the new Chief Minister of Nagaland. He is the 11th CM of Nagaland.
- Note 1: He Succeded over T. R. Zeliang.
- Note 2: Nagaland Capital is Kohima. Governor is P.B Acharya.
- Note 3: List of national parks in Nagaland: Ntangki National Park, Fakim Wildlife Sanctuary, Puliebadze Wildlife Sanctuary, Rangapahar Reserve Forest
8. European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) has approved India’s membership. India becomes the 69th member of EBRD.
- Note 1: India had Purchase a share of an Estimated Cost of around 1 Million Euros.
- Note 2: European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) was Founded in 1991. President is Suma Chakrabarti. Headquarter is in London, UK.
Daily updates please go through Daily Vocabulary. Follow us
For Government Jobs Updates Please Follow Us.
For Daily, Current Affairs update CLICK HERE.