Current affairs update of 05-Mar-18 with all static facts:
Current affairs update for all competitive exams is Important because the General awareness section covers numerous sections in it like Current affairs, Static GK, Banking awareness, Financial awareness. We have also noticed that both the Banking awareness and Static awareness are based on Current affairs only. If we keep updating our self with Current affairs then it will be going to help us to deal with PI(personal interview) more efficiently so we do not give a fumbled answer to the interviewer simple questions. Here are the daily GK updates to get you aware of the top events that made the headlines today.
Current affairs update with All relevant facts:
1. Sanjay Kapoor has been appointed as the Secretary General of Federation of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FTAPCCI).
- Note 1. It was Established in 1917.
2. Maharashtra government tied up with Wikipedia to promote the Marathi language.
- Note 1. Maharashtra Governor is C. Vidyasagar Rao, CM is Devendra Fadnavis.
- Note 2. Famous National Parks of Maharashtra Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Gugamal National Park, Navegaon National Park, Tadoba National Park.
- Note 3. Wikipedia was created by Jimmy Wales, Larry Sanger.
- Note 4. Owner of Wikipedia is Wikimedia Foundation. It is available in 299 languages.
3. Jordan and India have signed 12 agreements including areas as health, defense, media, culture and tourism.
- Note 1. Jordan Capital is Amman & Currency is Dinar. Monarch is Abdullah II & PM is Hani Al-Mulki
- Note 2. Book Titales is ‘A THINKING PERSON’S GUIDE TO ISLAM’.
4. ‘Shakti Sthala’ World’s largest solar park launched in Karnataka.
- Note1. Karnataka Government has inaugurated the 1st phase of a 2,000 MW solar park . At an estimated cost of Rs. 16,500 crore.
- Note2. It is located in Thirumani of Tumakuru district.
- Note3. Karnataka Capital is Bangalore (Bengaluru), CM is Siddaramaiah, Governor is Vajubhai Vala,
- Note4. Karnataks Famous National Parks- Anshi National Park, Bandipur National Park, Bannerghatta National Park, Kudremukh National Park, Nagarhole National Park.
5. Navjot Kaur has won a goldmedal in the Asian wrestling championships held in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- Note1. Navjot Kaur has defeated Imai Miyu of Japan in 65kg category.
- Note2. Bronze Meadal has won by Sakshi Malik in 62kg category.
- Note3. Silver Meadal has won by Vinesh Phogat in 50kg category.
- Note4. Kyrgyzstan Capital is Bishkek & Currency is Som (KGS), PM is Sapar Isakov and President is Sooronbay Jeenbekov.
6. Arabinda Muduli a noted Odia bhajan singer has passed away recently. He was 56.
- Note1. Odisha Capital is Bhubaneswar, CM is Naveen Patnaik (BJD), Governor is S.C. Jamir.
- Note2. Famous National Parks- Bhitarkanika National Park, Simlipal National Park.
7. Centre has approved the projects worth over Rs 2,900 crore under the Nirbhaya fund for 8 major cities to make the city safer for women.
- Note1. These Cities are Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Lucknow.
- Note2. This Project comes under Women and Child Development Ministry.
- Note3. Minister of Women and Child Development is Maneka Gandhi.
8. Armen Sarkisian has been appointed as the President of Armenia.
- Note1. He is 4th Armenian President.
- Note2. He Succeded over Serzh Sarkisian.
- Note3. Armenia Capital is Yerevan & Currency is Dram. PM is Karen Karapetyan. President is Serzh Sargsyan.
9. Noted Odia Author Kanakalata Mohanty passed away recently. She was 82.
- Note1. She had written 12 novels and more than a 100 short stories.
- Note2. She has written several novels, including ‘Ete Andhara’, ‘Kete Jwala’ and ‘Anuradha’.
10. AIIB has approved $1.5 billion in loans to India for infrastructure-related projects in 2018. Provided funds would be used for the investment in India’s energy, roads and urban development projects.
- Note1. AIIB stands for Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- Note2. Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank was founded in 25 Dec 2015. Its Headquarter is in Beijing, China. President is Jin Liqun.
- Note3. China is the largest shareholder of AIIB with 26.06% Voting Shares.
- Note4. India is Second Largest Shareholder With 7.5%.
11. Central Statistical Office (CSO) has revised the growth rate of India for the current financial year from 6.5% to 6.6%.
- Note1. The Central Statistics Office (CSO) is a governmental agency comes under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- Note2. CSO was set up in 2 May 1951, Its Headquarter is in Delhi. Director General is Rajeev Lochan.
Daily updates please go through Daily Vocabulary. Follow us
For Government Jobs Updates Please Follow Us.
For Daily, Current Affairs CLICK HERE.