Current Affairs of 01-Feb-18 with all static facts: Current affairs update.
In all competitive exams, the General awareness section covers numerous sections in it like Current affairs, Static GK, Banking awareness, Financial awareness. We have also noticed that both the Banking awareness and Static awareness are based on Current affairs only. If we keep updating our self with Current affairs then it will be going to help us to deal with PI(personal interview) more efficiently so we do not give a fumbled answer to the interviewer simple questions. Here are the daily GK updates to get you aware of the top events that made the headlines today.
Current affairs with All relevant facts:
1. Pfizer and the Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) will set up a centre in New Delhi to Combat Antimicrobial Resistance(AMR).
- NOTE 1. Antimicrobial Resistance(AMR) was founded in 1911, Its Headquarters is in New Delhi and Secretary & Director General is Soumya Swaminathan.
- NOTE 2. Pfizer was founded in the year 1849, Its headquarters is in New York City and Chairman is Ian Read.
2. Sheena Nellckal Varkey has won a silver medal in Women’s Triple Jump in Asian Indoor Athletics Championships at Tehran, Iran.
- NOTE 1. The capital of Iran is Tehran, Currency is Rial and President is Hassan Rouhani.
- NOTE 2. Gold Medal Won by Irina Ektova from Kazakhstan.
- NOTE 3. Silver Medal Won by Bùi Thị Thu Thảo Vietnam.
3. MC Mary Kom has won the Gold medal in 48KG Class in India Open Boxing Tournaments at New Delhi.
- NOTE 1. She Defeated Josie Gabuco from the Philippines.
- NOTE 2. The Philippines Capital is Manila, Currency is Peso and President is Rodrigo Duterte.
4. 32nd Surajkund International Crafts Mela has been started in Faridabad, Haryana.Theme State is Uttar Pradesh and Partner country is Kyrgyzstan.
- NOTE 1. It was organised by Surajkund Mela Authority along with Haryana Tourism and Union Minister of Tourism, Textile, Culture And External Affairs.
- NOTE 2. Haryana Capital is Chandigarh, CM is Manoharlal Khattar and Governor is Kaptan Singh Solanki.
- NOTE 3. Kyrgyzstan Capital is Bishkek, Currency is SOM and President is Sooronbay Jeenbekov.
5. Dinesh Srivastava has been appointed as the Chief Executive officer of Nuclear Fuel Complex(NFC).
- NOTE 1. He was replaced by G Kalyana Krishnan.
- NOTE2. Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC) was founded in 1971, Headquarters in Hyderabad. Unit of India’s Department of Atomic Energy.
6.IMT Ghaziabad has been selected as champions of the United Nations’ initiative on Principles for Responsible Management Education(PRME).
- NOTE 1. PRME Champions group Aim is to work for Developing and Promoting Activities which focus on united nation Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs).
- NOTE 2. United Nation was founded in 24-Oct-1945, Member Countries are 193, Headquarters is in NEW YORK CITY, Secretary-General is Antonio Guterres, Deputy Secretary-General is Amina J.Mohammed.
7. Bharati Defence and Infrastructure Ltd(BDIL) has launched an interceptor vessel ‘V-410’ for Indian Coast Guard in New Mangalore Shipyard.
- NOTE 1. Bharati Defence and Infrastructure Ltd(BDIL) was founded in 1973, Headquarters is in Maharashtra.
- NOTE 2. Indian Coast Guard was founded in 18-Aug-1978, Headquarters is in New Delhi.
8. Ghodazari has approved New Wildlife Sanctuary in Chandrapur District of Maharashtra by its Government.
- NOTE 1. Maharastra CM is Devendra Fadnavis and Governor is C. Vidyasagar Rao.
- NOTE 2. Famous National Parks of Maharashtra are Chandoli National Park, Gugamal National Park, Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve, Sanjay Gandhi National Park.
9. MPEDA has partnered with COOP Cooperative to develop export-oriented Organic Aqua Farming in India.
- NOTE 1. MPEDA stands for Marine Products Export Development Authority.
- NOTE 2. MPEDA Headquarters is in Kochi, Kerala. Constituted on 20-April-1972 under marine products Export Development Authority Act 1972.